- Each team must be associated with a parish.
- The entry fee of $25 is to cover the cost of trophies.
- There will be two categories for trophies – ribs and sauces.
- Each team is to provide (at its own cost) and cook a minimum of 10 slabs of pork ribs – your choice of baby back, spare, St. Louis, etc. You may cook more if you like.
- Each team must provide its own smoker, wood, charcoal, tables, utensils, sauces, refreshments, etc.
- All ribs must be cooked on site (no pre-cooking, except that if you par-boil your ribs as a first step, you may do so off site and then smoke the par-boiled ribs on site.) Sauces may be prepared off site.
- The judging will be by “People’s Choice.” Attendees purchasing tasting tickets will receive one ballot each for ribs and for sauces for each $5 in tickets purchased.
- A ballot box will be maintained at the ticket sales table, All ballots must be placed in the box by 5:00 pm CDT Friday afternoon. At 5:01 pm CDT, the table cashier will remove the box and, in the presence of one attendee from each of the two sections of Tennessee the table cashier does not represent, will tally the ballots. The results will be presented to the President of the TN Episcopal Laymen in a sealed envelope, signed over the seal by each of the three tellers. The President will cause the winners to be announced and trophies presented at the Friday evening dinner.
For questions, contact Eric Haralson at firstname.lastname@example.org .